Saturday, October 1, 2011

Today starts October.  Technically it is the offseason (for triathlon), but in reality there really isn’t much rest with Ironman coming up in less than a year.  At the current time I am training for the Tyranena Half Marathon in Lake Mills.  The race is just over a month away (Nov 5th) and since the start of September I have cut down on my bike and swim volume so that I can increase my run training for the race.  Currently I am running five days a week and only biking and swimming once per week.  For the month of September, my volume looked like this:


September's totals:
Bike:
5h 31m 12s - 93.15 Mi
Run:
12h 20m 44s - 80.64 Mi
Swim:
1h 30m 32s - 4250 Yd
 
October will have significantly more run miles with similar numbers on the bike and swim.  I am looking forward to my race in November and hope to PR my Half Marathon distance despite the hilliness of this particular course (http://www.tyranena.com/beerrun/2009%20Race%20Routes.pdf).  My training has been hill focused which has included some tough intervals on a rather nasty .25 mile hill on one of my run routes.  The ole' body feels good and training runs have been going well.

After Tyranena, the last race of the season will be a Turkey Trot that Colleen and I do every year in Palm Desert while on vacation in Palm Desert.  This is a fun run 5K that we love doing every year on Thanksgiving.  Going into December I will start integrating more bike and swim into my weeks, but will continue with fairly light volume.  Once January 2012 rolls around, I will begin slowing increasing my volume in all three sports as I venture into the spring and the start of my very serious training. 

I will continue to update this blog on a semi-regular basis and will also provide details as I get closer to the Tyranena race including an actual race report with details of the event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment