Sunday, September 16, 2012

One week of Decompression

Today marks the one week anniversary since I became an Ironman.  Interesting this morning was the first day I felt the desire to do some type of exercise since the race.  Colleen went to Chicago with some of her girlfriends and I had the place to myself Friday through Sunday so I had plenty of time to myself. 

I am pretty sure I covered all the important guy-stuff this weekend while she was gone including, but not limited to:

1) Watching the entire Brewer Game on TV from the couch
2) Also watching the entire Badger game on TV from the couch.
3) Golfed 18 holes with my golf buddies and then had several post-round beers afterward at noon on Saturday.
4) Wings and more beer at Buffalo Wild Wings
5) A Kopps Burger and Custard for dinner Saturday evening.
6) Washed my bike, removed the race tires and replaced them with my old training.

And last but not least, this morning I actually got on the Mad One and did a nice hour-long bike ride outside.  This was my first ride since exactly a week and ironically my ride today began almost exactly when my 112 mile ride began last week.  A coincidence....perhaps?  The cooler fall air was nice and I had some time to reflect on how lucky I am to have the time, resources and health to engage in the triathlon lifestyle.  I don't mean to sound sappy, but I recognize most people will never get to experience the journey and thrill of becomming an Ironman.  I am very grateful that I was able to have that experience and the more I think about it, the more I realize what an undertaking it was and it is so clear that is was one of the greatest weekends of my life.

As I sit and enjoy my cup of joe while navigating around the Intrawebs, I thought it might be a good time to post some more pictures of my awesome weekend.  Enjoy....












  



No comments:

Post a Comment