Monday, September 3, 2012

Counting the Days....

Weekend was a breeze....36 miles on the bike, followed by a 20 minute run on saturday and then a 4200 yard swim (2.sumthin miles) on Sunday.  Felt good and strong.  Also had a 60 minute massage on Sunday after the swim.  Lots of good stretching and loosening up of the lower body.  Very theraputic.

Which brings us to today.  On the schedule for today was a 30 minute run.  Seriously?  At least it had 6 reps of 90 seconds at 10K pace, but that was it for today.  Felt wierd having an entire day off from work (Labor Day) and only having to run 30 minutes.  Kind of surreal actually, but I suppose it some ways it was also kind of nice.  Got to do my run with Colleen which was nice and then I immediately went off to cut the grass.  However, I snapped this picture of Colleen right after the run and I don't think she felt as good and as refreshed as I did......

So the countdown timer says less than 5 days and I feel good and ready.  Even though I've been preparing checklists, reminders, gear bag lists, etc I am still a bit worried about forgetting something important.  I've been accumulating race gear in our dining room and our bedroom for a week now.  Here is part of the collection and this will surely grow as the final countdown approaches.  Overall, I feel like I have a pretty good handle on things and am happy that I didn't wait until the last minute to start organizing my gear lists.  I feel like I have minimized the stress as much as possible to this point, but stay tuned to see if and when things change!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment