Friday, August 31, 2012

Installed My Race Tires Last Night

It was a beautiful evening last night so I sat outside on the porch with my wife, had a beer and finally put my new Vittoria Open Corsa EVO race tires on my bike.  In addition it was good tire changing practice if I blow one out on race day.  I even went so far as to use my co2 cartridges and the tire levers that will be in my bag during Ironman.  Everything went smooth as silk and I am confident I can change a flat out in under 5 minutes (although in the heat and stress maybe a little longer).  My old Michelen Pro3's were still in okay condition so I'll probably put them back on after Ironman to use as training tires.  But there is no doubt my new tires are sweet and hopefully VERY fast......


I have one two hour bike ride on Saturday in which to make sure these new slicks have no issues and then just an easy trainer bike ride on Tuesday and that is it for cycling before Ironman.  If everything checks out I will be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment