Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Working Hard

Finally getting to the time of year where it isn’t pitch black through my entire morning runs. I love this time of year! Wake up call for me today was 5:30 followed by a little light stretching and out the door for a 7 mile run by 5:45. Unfortunately it is still pretty cold this time of year and today it was right at 30 degrees. Full winter gear still in effect which means hat & gloves. I was only in the dark for the first 20 minutes because sunrise is creeping up to 6:10 this morning. Ran through the hills and when I reached the top of one of the biggest hills the sun was just coming up on the horizon. A great sight for tired eyes.

Anyway, the legs are a bit tired at this point after 4 solid build weeks which included what I have coined a double doubler (two days in a row with double workouts). I’ve gotten through Thursday, but still have a couple more workouts to finish out the week. Here’s what things look like…...

Monday – 2500 yard swim in the morning, 14 mile bike ride in the evening.
Tuesday – Tough 4.6 mile tempo run in the morning & a 16 mile bike ride in the evening.
Wednesday – 2000 yard swim with intervals.
Thursday – 7 mile run in morning.
Friday – 1500 yard swim
Saturday – First (and probably only) big golf outing of the year. 36 holes at Grand Geneva!
Sunday – 40+ mile bike ride

No comments:

Post a Comment