Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Things that make me go Vrooooom....

It was about time for me to upgrade and replace my old cycling shoes. My old Shimano’s had served me well for several years, but were not quite as comfortable and lightweight as I would have liked. It was definitely getting to be the time to replace and upgrade them with something lighter, cooler and more comfortable. Let’s face it, I’ll be spending a lot of time in these shoes this summer. It seemed logical to me to upgrade to the latest and greatest in a year where I am taking on a full Ironman. So I hit up my peeps at Emery’s in Milwaukee and got set up with a lightweight carbon fiber soled Shimano shoe. It has only one Velcro closure which makes taking them on and off much easier than my old pair (which had 3 straps). In addition, the venting is fabulous and the shoes weigh about the same as that quarter in your pocket. A real pair of beauties I must say.

Meanwhile my running shoe collection appears to be doing just fine much to Colleen’s chagrin.  I would have to believe that a little clutter in the laundry thing is acceptable. No?

No comments:

Post a Comment