Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July Week

Been a great week.  My mom and Step-dad have been in town for the last several weeks and have been staying in both Chicago (at my brothers place) and in Lake Geneva. Several days over the 4th of July week, they spent some time with us and it was a good fun week but it was definitely tough getting in all my workouts.  Several days this I was up at the crack of dawn squeezing in a bike ride and/or a run before anyone else was awake.   Things finally wound down yesterday when my parents went back to Chicago.  Here are a few pictures from the las couple weeks....

This weekend will finish up week 11 of 20 and it is certainly going to be a tough one.  Tomorrow I am making the trek out to Madison to ride two loops of the Ironman course and a bit of the stick (roughly 90 miles).  I also have to swim 4000 yards later in the day.  Sunday will conclude with about 18 miles of running.  Hopefully the temps are down a bit, because these workout will be plenty difficult without extreme heat! Either way the weekend will definitely be another stern test of my Ironman-worthiness.  Looking forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment